Wednesday

Course in Political Miracles: Lesson 5



"My heart and mind are unbelievably creative ... when I am ready."

I have spent at least four weeks in this course training my mind to realize that I can focus my sight on higher and more all-encompassing goals than I might have thought possible, such as a near total reformation of the political system in effect, and rest assured that these goals can be realized by my mind and heart.

Now the question is: am I ready?

Knowing I can achieve world-class goals because my whole heart and soul, my whole mind and being, are behind these goals is not the same as saying I am ready and the time is right.

What preparations make me ready? Opening my mind? Opening my heart? Opening to inner listening as never before? Opening to courage I never knew possible? Opening to being with people in ways I have never imagined? These and a hundred other openings?

The day is past for lying, cheating, stealing political candidates and petulant, whining, fit-throwing political activists. These habits will still be seen in some circles, especially among government worshipers as they continue to lose control, but they no longer have much effect on the voting public looking for solutions which "ring true" within themselves.

The political candidate or political activist of the future must be in touch with the good, the honest, and the true inside of people. This requires them to be in touch with the good, the honest, and the true inside themselves.

So I make myself ready with spiritual growth. Not religion. Not mysticism. Not superstition or the supernatural. But objective spiritual opening verifiable by experience and by results.

My lesson this week reminds me that to achieve my goals I must make myself ready.

Each morning this week when I wake up, I spend a few minutes with my eyes closed saying to myself:

"My success is assured if I make myself ready."

Then as I go through each day, I take hourly breaks to again close my eyes for a few minutes during which I repeat aloud the lesson for today and the vow:

"I will make myself ready ... no matter what it takes."

Then I will spend a few minutes during these hourly breaks making specific affirmations of readiness such as:

"I must be somewhat open spiritually or Ayn Rand's novels would not have appealed to me. Now I am ready to open up all the way."

"Ayn Rand's idea of a man or woman without pain, fear, or guilt appeals to me. I am ready to open up and become just that."

"Whatever it takes to open up and make me REALLY in-touch with my spirit ... I am ready."

Then before I go to sleep each night, I take a few minutes to say joyously, not about some place up in the sky somewhere, but about the political system I am creating on earth:

"Heaven? Here I come!"





The device which more deeply prepares freedom lovers for success, A Course in Miracles , talks about our ultimate need to free ourselves from every kind of slavery:

You have been told to bring the darkness to the light, and guilt to holiness. And you have also been told that error must be corrected at its source. Therefore, it is the tiny part of your self, the little thought that seems split off and separate, that the Holy Spirit needs. The rest is fully in God's keeping, and needs no guide. But this wild and delusional thought needs help, because, in its delusions, it thinks it is the Son of God, whole and omnipotent, sole ruler of the kingdom it set apart to tyrannize by madness into obedience and slavery.



Also available free of charge online:
Course in Relationship Miracles

No comments: