Saturday

Course in Political Miracles: Lesson 4



"There is nothing I cannot do if my heart is in it fully."

This week's lesson echoes Lesson One because if I really, really, really want something my heart is in it fully.

This week's lesson also restates Lesson Two because if I do not hold contradictory desires in mind my heart is in it fully.

I might need to look deeper to see clearly that if my heart is not in it fully, I will not be able to sustain completely putting my mind to it. Thus this week's lesson parallels Lesson Three.

The corollary of this week's lesson is: if my heart is not in it fully, it's not going to be very successful. This is the reason why governments of the future will not support themselves using taxation. Men and women do not have their hearts in being taxed.

But the main thing I want to really teach myself with this week's lesson is that if my heart is fully in it I can accomplish anything.

Throughout each day this week I look at various possible goals in the political realm, and ask myself:

"Would I really, really love accomplishing this goal if I could?"

With very specific goals in mind, such as the elimination of taxation, I ask myself this same question reworded in various ways such as:

"Would I really, really love eliminating taxation if I could?"

"Would I really, really love getting elected to Congress if I could?"

"Would I really, really love setting up a system of voluntary contributions and voluntary transactions to pay for government if I could?"


I pay attention to my heart-felt feelings when I ask these questions to see if my heart is in any of these goals. The goals which "light up" my heart are the goals I am wanting to pursue.

Then as I go through this week, I will remind myself often:

"There is nothing I cannot do if my heart is in it fully."

Every hour of each day I pick one or two of my major goals and imagine they are rapidly being accomplished. I do this while saying aloud to myself several times over:

"Nothing can hold me back from accomplishing this because my heart is in it fully."

At the end of the day, I close my eyes and for five whole minutes remind myself again and again with a smile on my face:

"My success is assured because my heart is in my goals."





The device which more deeply prepares freedom lovers for success, A Course in Miracles , talks about our ultimate need to free ourselves from every kind of slavery:

You have been told to bring the darkness to the light, and guilt to holiness. And you have also been told that error must be corrected at its source. Therefore, it is the tiny part of your self, the little thought that seems split off and separate, that the Holy Spirit needs. The rest is fully in God's keeping, and needs no guide. But this wild and delusional thought needs help, because, in its delusions, it thinks it is the Son of God, whole and omnipotent, sole ruler of the kingdom it set apart to tyrannize by madness into obedience and slavery.



Also available free of charge online:
Course in Relationship Miracles


No comments: