Tuesday

Course in Political Miracles: Lesson 52



"Yes!"

This is the last of a long series of lessons and I happily congratulate myself on doing the work of these lessons. As I begin this last lesson I look back to when I started the course and see that the momentum of the freedom movement has increased dramatically since then.

Why shouldn't it have? The world is a reflection of state of mind and my powerful mind has chosen freedom as never before.

Before I begin this last lesson, let me remind myself that the most important benefit I have achieved with this course is my own spiritual opening that has occurred ... and my spiritual opening thus far is just the beginning.

Throughout these lessons I have sensed that although the exact wording of the lessons might not have been the wording I would have used, the principles in the lessons have come from inside myself, the source of all really important lessons.

I have learned that there are a million and one subtle lessons being taught by my own inner voice, the voice of my spirit, and that to hear my own highly personalized lessons it is only necessary to quiet my intellect and listen inside myself.

I understand that lessons heard inside myself have to do with every area of life, not just political activism or freedom-producing goals. My inner voice has only one goal: to guide me to success in every area of life.

This means spiritual opening, for only those who are wholly in touch with their spirit experience success in every area of life. My inner voice "works overtime," so to speak, to open me and keep me open spiritually. I have only to listen to my heart and soul.

With the lessons of this course I have entered farther than ever before through the door of spiritual opening and taken more steps than ever toward exploring the world of living by spiritual principles. At this point, my ego may caution me to go slow or even stop and turn back, but my spirit is rejoicing at my progress and calling me to move forward.

Since practice makes perfect, with respect to the realm of politics and serving liberty there might be great benefit in going back to lesson one and doing these lessons over again. Certainly my inner voice continues to guide me to work for freedom politically as well as internally.

I allow my inner voice to guide me. If I feel an urge to dedicate myself to more intense spiritual opening and more complete spiritual understanding, I can always see what happens if I click on: SPIRITUAL UNDERSTANDING.

The week of this last lesson is the perfect time to remind myself that as much as I would like to experience political liberty in it's fullness, I can survive and thrive under any political system for two reasons: (1) I have my inner voice to guide me and my inner voice keeps me protected and well-supplied; and (2) I am already free in spirit and I can look within myself and experience my inner freedom any time I choose.

So it's not the end of the world if I don't achieve political freedom within the next few weeks or the next few election cycles. But it is the end of my happiness if I let myself get discouraged or depressed about what I see "out there."

This is a good time to remind myself that the "out there" does not matter nearly so much as the "in here". If I am staying in touch with the joy and peace and good-will of my spirit, then all is well.

So this week I am going to spend reminding myself that all is well. When I awaken each day, I don't have to say to myself as some religious people do, "This is a day the Lord has made!", but I do want to use some statement which reminds me that truly all is well. I might say to myself one of the following statements:

"Yes! Another day for the spirit of man to raise up the whole earth!"

"Yes! Another day for light to overcome darkness!"

"Yes! Another day of progress!"

"Yes! Another day for happiness and joy!"

"Yes! Another day! Yes!"


Whatever statement my inner voice gives me to use will be perfect. There is nothing like waking up with "Yes!"

Then throughout the day I will look for signs and evidence of good. When I see darkness I will say to myself, "This is temporary and cannot last for long." When I see light I will rejoice.

Before retiring each day this week, I remind myself several times, until I feel the deepest peace:

"It really is true that all is well."

Then I plan to dream of heaven on earth and my last word is:


"Yes!"






The device which even more deeply prepares freedom lovers for success, A Course in Miracles , talks about our ultimate need to free ourselves from every kind of slavery:

You have been told to bring the darkness to the light, and guilt to holiness. And you have also been told that error must be corrected at its source. Therefore, it is the tiny part of your self, the little thought that seems split off and separate, that the Holy Spirit needs. The rest is fully in God's keeping, and needs no guide. But this wild and delusional thought needs help, because, in its delusions, it thinks it is the Son of God, whole and omnipotent, sole ruler of the kingdom it set apart to tyrannize by madness into obedience and slavery.




Also available free of charge online:
Course in Relationship Miracles


No comments: