Tuesday

Course in Political Miracles: Lesson 49



"I am in your service!"

The French master painter Eugene Delacroix portrayed Liberty as a female angel leading the people during the French Revolution. It might be fun for me to think of Liberty this way. It might be fun to let her be in my imagination an angel who guides me and shows me always even the seemingly most insignificant ways I can be of service.

A major theme of these lessons has been that there is nothing to worry about ... nothing to fear. Nature abhors a vacuum and when Liberty has been imprisoned she cannot be kept from breaking free and rushing back at the least little opening.

Every least little opening counts, doesn't it?

Just as government worshippers use every least little opening, every least little opportunity, to tread on Liberty until the day arrives when she is almost dead, so must libertarians use every possible chance, no matter how seemingly insignificant, to bring her back to life.

Every little circumstance counts, doesn't it?

Suppose I found myself in a position to have an influence in a very small way ... maybe my mother-in-law would vote libertarian if I would just ask her to ... maybe I can work toward a slight reduction in government spending ... maybe I can mention some Freedom Technologies to co-workers.

It all adds up and accumulates, doesn't it?

Perhaps I could talk to a man who has grown old with liberal brainwashing, treating him as a brother or best friend, mostly agreeing or staying out of disagreement with him, but gently mentioning that instituting compulsory programs to get people to do things "quality citizens" are supposed to do causes both the resistance and apathy he hates.

Maybe I could write to a woman who is a known firebrand conservative, tell her how much I appreciate her work, really stay in fine rapport with her, and in a soothing way slip into my writing that the American Founding Fathers could not have seen in the 1700s what we see now, even though theirs was the most wonderful vision.

Every tiny seed planted in some one's mind helps that mind to change, doesn't it?

Is there any little action I can take to help liberty which I'm not already taking?

This is my question to myself during the remaining few weeks of these lessons. At the end of each day this week, before retiring and sleeping, I take the time to ask myself this:

"Is there ANYTHING I can do to help liberty that I'm not already doing?"

Perhaps while I'm sleeping at night my inner voice will give me possibilities. Maybe I'll be guided to talk to someone. Maybe I'll be guided to show something to someone. Maybe I'll be guided to take some action which gets people's attention. I keep a pad and pencil by my bed in case ideas arise while I'm sleeping.

When I awaken, I give thanks for a new day and immediately say to myself:

"If there is any little activity or slightest deed I can do today to be of service to liberty, let it be shown to me."

Let me remember throughout each day this week more than just "little things mean a lot". Little things could mean everything. Said another way, what I am tempted to think of as insignificant could turn out to be the biggest factor of all. Every hour throughout the day this week, let me say to myself aloud a few times some such statement as:

"The littlest thing could turn out to cause the whole success or failure of my projects."

"What I perceive to be no bigger than a mustard seed could end up moving mountains for me."

"I don't know in advance what is going to have little impact and what is going to have enormous impact."

"I don't know what anything is for, so I have to treat the little as if it were big."


Reminders such as this keep me honest and train my mind not to judge situations when I couldn't possibly have all the facts in advance. In a sense my mind thus begins to decide subconsciously that each moment presents the possibility of a "miracle" and no one miracle is any different than any other miracle.

With these reminders, Liberty now counts on me as a perfect servant. Now Liberty can use me to the fullest. Now Liberty can lead in assurance that I follow. Throughout the day I repeat many times this week's lesson statement:

"I am in your service!"





The device which even more deeply prepares freedom lovers for success, A Course in Miracles , talks about our ultimate need to free ourselves from every kind of slavery:

You have been told to bring the darkness to the light, and guilt to holiness. And you have also been told that error must be corrected at its source. Therefore, it is the tiny part of your self, the little thought that seems split off and separate, that the Holy Spirit needs. The rest is fully in God's keeping, and needs no guide. But this wild and delusional thought needs help, because, in its delusions, it thinks it is the Son of God, whole and omnipotent, sole ruler of the kingdom it set apart to tyrannize by madness into obedience and slavery.




Also available free of charge online:
Course in Relationship Miracles


No comments: