Sunday

Course in Political Miracles: Lesson 1



"Whatever I really, really, REALLY want comes to me very quickly."

If I want it, or think I want it, but it is not coming quickly, then either I am not really wanting it deeply enough and thoroughly enough, or I am temporarily unable to see the power that is behind surface appearances working to fulfill my desire.

This lesson is based on the very important fact that there is a connection between one's deepest, truest desires and what one experiences in life. As Ayn Rand put it, "the physical proceeds from the spiritual."

For example, if a man wants an achievement in his life, he sooner or later draws that achievement into his life. Whether this happens sooner or later depends upon the intensity of his desire. If a man thinks he wants an achievement in his life, but never really takes the steps in the direction of having this achievement, then his desire is certainly less than thorough, less than 100% all-in-all.

The same principle applies to achieving and maintaining political liberty. If I really, really, really want with all my heart and soul and mind a social system allowing political liberty, then such a system is going to come far more quickly than if I am not in-touch with how intense such a desire really is inside of me.

So with this week's lesson I spend time looking inside myself and finding out what goals I really, really, really want to achieve.

The apparent ease or difficulty of achieving the goal is not a factor I want to concern myself with this week. My assignment to myself this week is to look inside and see if my goal is something I really, really, really, really want, because I know that if it is the truest, deepest kind of goal ... I'm going to see it happening quickly.

I know that if I give sufficient time and energy and focus to this lesson, then I will be pursuing only goals which are motivated by my truest, deepest, most intense desires and are thus easily achievable.

One of my goals for today and this week is to find out what I am really, really, really desiring deep down inside and make sure that I am shooting for nothing less.

But even more importantly, this week I am training my mind to see that what I truly desire with all the intensity of my whole being comes to me very quickly. To this end, I repeat the statement of today's lesson throughout the day.

Each hour during my waking hours I take some time to close my eyes and repeat the lesson to myself:

"Whatever I really, really, REALLY want comes to me very quickly."

I also repeat the lesson to myself with my eyes open as I am moving through each hour, keeping the idea uppermost in mind.

I also periodically repeat the lesson to myself with specific goals in mind such as:

"A political system which totally consistently honors freedom of production and trade is inevitable and coming as quickly as the intensity of my desire."

"A political system which supports itself solely with voluntary contributions or voluntary transactions is inevitable and coming as fast as I make up my mind to create it."

"A political system which, instead of suffocating the spirit of men and women, leaves them free to follow their inspiration is inevitable and coming as soon as I REALLY choose it."

This week's lesson builds my confidence. If I know that what I really, really, really want comes to me quickly, and I know I am in-touch with desires that are extremely deep inside me and true for me, then it is easy to be confident because I know what I am doing is bringing about my goal.

Therefore, when I go to bed each night this week I take some time to repeat this truth to myself:

"I rest in the confidence that my goal is being achieved very quickly."



The device which more deeply prepares freedom lovers for success, A Course in Miracles , talks about our ultimate need to free ourselves from every kind of slavery:

You have been told to bring the darkness to the light, and guilt to holiness. And you have also been told that error must be corrected at its source. Therefore, it is the tiny part of your self, the little thought that seems split off and separate, that the Holy Spirit needs. The rest is fully in God's keeping, and needs no guide. But this wild and delusional thought needs help, because, in its delusions, it thinks it is the Son of God, whole and omnipotent, sole ruler of the kingdom it set apart to tyrannize by madness into obedience and slavery.



Also available free of charge online:
Course in Relationship Miracles


No comments: