Tuesday

Course in Political Miracles: Lesson 13



"I replace fear with trust."


Ayn Rand correctly identified the sign of the U.S. dollar as a symbol of spiritual significance. The usefulness of money rests totally on trust.

Money used in the United States carries the statement, "IN GOD WE TRUST." Some Objectivists or atheists might want to substitute a different statement such as, "IN MAN'S MIND WE TRUST," or "IN MAN'S SPIRIT WE TRUST." But nobody denies that trust is the fundamental prerequisite to living without fear.

Any advancement in spiritual opening is achieved by learning trust. Trust is the foundation upon which a man desiring to live by his spirit must build. On trust is built honesty, because the non-trusting are being dishonest within themselves. On trust is built tolerance, because the trusting are being honest in their view of others. On trust is built generosity, which means giving as my spirit would have me give. My spirit trusts. Only the part of my mind which thinks limitation thoughts finds it hard to trust.

Just as not trusting leads me into fear, so trusting leads me to the safety of my non-fearing spirit. Just as fear would have me defending myself, so trust shows me that no defense is necessary. Just as the limitation-thinking part of my mind causes me pain, so my trust brings me joy.

With trust there is nothing I cannot achieve, including a near "miraculous" change in the way people think politically. Without trust I cannot even change my own mind.

This week during my wake-up meditations which prepare me for my day, I let my subconscious mind show me three or four situations which could engender fear within me if they arose during the day. Then I use my imagination to watch myself replace fear with trust. With each situation that comes to mind, I repeat to myself a few times:

"If (name situation) arises today ... I can see myself replacing fear with trust."

During my five minute hourly meditations, I let my subconscious mind give me just one conceivable situation which could engender fear within me if it arose during the next hour. Using my imagination, again I declare:

"If (name situation) arises in the next hour ... I can see myself replacing fear with trust."

At the end of each day before going to sleep I ask my subconscious mind to give me a few trust-building affirmations which I can repeat to myself slowly with meaning. Examples might be:

"Every day I build more trust ... which takes away my fear."

"As I trust more and more, I feel better and better about myself."

"This business of trusting is really fun. In fact, it fills my heart with joy."




The device which more deeply prepares freedom lovers for success, A Course in Miracles , talks about our ultimate need to free ourselves from every kind of slavery:

You have been told to bring the darkness to the light, and guilt to holiness. And you have also been told that error must be corrected at its source. Therefore, it is the tiny part of your self, the little thought that seems split off and separate, that the Holy Spirit needs. The rest is fully in God's keeping, and needs no guide. But this wild and delusional thought needs help, because, in its delusions, it thinks it is the Son of God, whole and omnipotent, sole ruler of the kingdom it set apart to tyrannize by madness into obedience and slavery.



Also available free of charge online:
Course in Relationship Miracles


No comments: