Tuesday

Course in Political Miracles: Lesson 6



"The achievement of my goals depends on
feeling my spirit."


With last week's lesson I firmed my commitment to make myself ready for the achievement of world-changing goals by expanding my everyday awareness of my spiritual nature.

Again, I remind myself that paying attention to my spirit does not imply any kind of religion, mysticism, or blind faith in supernatural forces. My end is a far more full and complete experience of life on earth and what some would call "miraculous" results regarding my goals. To this end I am committing myself to pursuing these lessons with diligence.

This week's lesson has one main purpose: to remind myself that the greatest positive achievements are achieved by those who are highly in touch with their spirit, and that my goal is to be open to my spirit so I can have a tremendous positive influence on the course of events on earth.

To this end, when I awaken each day this week I will spend a few minutes meditating on the statement of today's lesson:

"The achievement of my goals depends on my awareness of my spirit."

Then as I go through each day, every hour I will take five minutes to affirm any specific goals that might come to mind arising from my spirit such as:

"The achievement of my goals depends on my establishing an unshakable inner peace inside myself."

"The achievement of my goals depends on my being in touch with the guiltlessness of my spirit."

"The achievement of my goals depends on my unwillingness to sacrifice myself in even the smallest way."

"The achievement of my goals depends on my experiencing total honesty inside myself."

"The achievement of my goals depends on my expanding the sense of joy that is of my spirit."

"The achievement of my goals depends on being in touch with the fearlessness of my spirit."

"The achievement of my goals depends on being in touch with how free of pain my spirit is."


Any goal which comes to mind from far deeper than my ego will serve for these exercises, even if I have never before called it a "spiritual" goal.

Then at night before I go to sleep I will feel good about myself because my commitment is stronger than ever. I might say something to myself like:

"My goals ARE being achieved because my spiritual opening IS progressing."






The device which more deeply prepares freedom lovers for success, A Course in Miracles , talks about our ultimate need to free ourselves from every kind of slavery:

You have been told to bring the darkness to the light, and guilt to holiness. And you have also been told that error must be corrected at its source. Therefore, it is the tiny part of your self, the little thought that seems split off and separate, that the Holy Spirit needs. The rest is fully in God's keeping, and needs no guide. But this wild and delusional thought needs help, because, in its delusions, it thinks it is the Son of God, whole and omnipotent, sole ruler of the kingdom it set apart to tyrannize by madness into obedience and slavery.



Also available free of charge online:
Course in Relationship Miracles


No comments: