Sunday

Course in Political Miracles: Lesson 43



"I plant positive associations
in people's minds."

Libertarians can easily discover all the usual political "tricks of the trade" by studying a number of highly successful political campaigns.

Additional "Freedom Technology" having to do with marketing products or services while teaching libertarianism in the process can be heard inside by libertarians who practice listening to the voice of their inner inventiveness.

The purpose of this course is primarily to give libertarians spiritual tools or abilities which most non-libertarian politicians or political activists have not developed.

In these lessons I have learned about inner hearing (which is enough in itself to bring amazing success), inner seeing, and the incredible power of holding thoughts and pictures strongly in mind.

Another powerful tool is saying things to others which juxtapose a positive for me and a positive for them in their minds.

For example, let's suppose I said to a non-registered voter, "You know if you look into ideas of the Libertarian Party you can earn a ton of money."

In this example, having the person look into Libertarian ideas might be my goal. Earning a ton of money might be very appealing to the person. By saying these both in the same sentence, I have placed two ideas in the person's mind at the same time.

Since ideas in mind associate with each other, I have literally caused an association in this person's mind between exploring libertarian ideas and earning a ton of money.

"How does that work? How does this money come?" the person asks. Maybe I have an answer. Maybe I don't. Maybe I just walk away, like someone playing hard to get.

But the association is in the person's mind, isn't it?

Not to mention the fact that the association is in my mind every time I say it and I already know what happens when ideas are held in mind.

Will the person be able to shake the association out of mind? Not easily. There would have to be direct evidence to the contrary in order to wipe out the association.

Will the person be tempted to look into libertarian ideas to see what happens? Definitely. A seed has been planted and the person's subconscious mind will want to find out one way or another, true or false.

If the person checks out the Libertarian Party just once ... are there benefits to the Libertarian Party or the libertarian cause? Yes, there are. In the first place, once associated always associated ... to some degree. Secondly, it is very hard to not do a little research on what you are getting into. Third, every look at libertarian thought helps.

Will the person ever actually vote for the Libertarian Party? Maybe not. But to be associated, even in the slightest way, is to be associated. It would be hard for the person not to vote for a more libertarian-oriented candidate at least once.

My exercise for this week is to train myself to plant associations in people's minds. I will spend the week listening inside during my daily 20 minute meditation sessions and coming up with statements coupling a goal I want to see accomplished with a hard-to-resist benefit to the one hearing the statement. Some examples might be:

"I read somewhere that people who vote for libertarian-oriented candidates are having incredible miracles happen in their lives."

"I don't have the details with me, but if you consider libertarian approaches, you can make tons of money."

"I heard that Atlas Shrugged is benefiting more people than any other book except the Bible."

"Anymore these days it's hard to get a good woman unless you are a reader of Ayn Rand."


The idea is to think of all kinds of people who I might run into and find myself talking to in different situations ... rich people, poor people, old people, young people, those interested in females, those interested in males, etc. ... and have fun creating a statement that will work for each different interest.

I also want to begin practicing with these statements this week, using them in real situations as often as possible. It doesn't matter whether I ever see positive results. I'm planting seeds that will sprout and grow and lead to blossoming in the future.

As always, when I retire for the day each day this week I am going to remember the darkness of the political scene only a few years ago and then the incredible light of how much progress has been made and is being made ... and allow this picture of darkness transforming into light to be planted in my mind next to incredible gratitude.





The device which even more deeply prepares freedom lovers for success, A Course in Miracles , talks about our ultimate need to free ourselves from every kind of slavery:

You have been told to bring the darkness to the light, and guilt to holiness. And you have also been told that error must be corrected at its source. Therefore, it is the tiny part of your self, the little thought that seems split off and separate, that the Holy Spirit needs. The rest is fully in God's keeping, and needs no guide. But this wild and delusional thought needs help, because, in its delusions, it thinks it is the Son of God, whole and omnipotent, sole ruler of the kingdom it set apart to tyrannize by madness into obedience and slavery.




Also available free of charge online:
Course in Relationship Miracles


No comments: