Friday

Course in Political Miracles: Lesson 29



"I think of myself as a freedom zealot."


This week's lesson is a political "how to" lesson.

I do not choose for myself the label "freedom fighter." In most people's minds someone who is fighting for something is in conflict. But conflict is the antithesis of freedom. Either I am experiencing freedom inside myself or I am experiencing conflict. Since I teach what I am, by zealously experiencing freedom inside myself I teach freedom and facilitate freedom outside myself.

Nor do the labels "politician" or "political activist" really serve my goals. These labels historically have referred to men and women in conflict: pushing one cause, resisting another cause ... always pushing and resisting.

If I am a candidate, I serve my cause best by having myself introduced as, "freedom zealot and candidate for ...." If I am an activist, I help myself by asking newspeople to refer to me as "freedom zealot."

I want to train my mind to think of myself in this new and positive light. So during this week I set the tone of my mind each new day by reminding myself:

"Since I am literally creating political freedom, today I remember to think of myself as a freedom zealot."

During my day I tell at least one person each hour, if at all possible, that I am a freedom zealot. My goal is to encourage other people to think of me in these terms also.

Then at the end of the day I review the day's progress in thinking of myself as a freedom zealot. Whatever images spring to mind I will use to feel happy about my goals and my progress.

My imagination might feed me what I could judge to be "silly" images. For example, I might see in my imagination an image of myself in a superman-like costume with "Freedom Zealot" written across my chest. But I refrain from judging the images my imagination gives me. Instead I give myself permission to enjoy the image to the fullest, knowing that my imagination is preparing me for a productive sleep during which sleeping dreams serve will my goals.

Just before falling to sleep, I might proudly state to myself:

"Yes! That's what I am! A freedom zealot!"





The device which even more deeply prepares freedom lovers for success, A Course in Miracles , talks about our ultimate need to free ourselves from every kind of slavery:

You have been told to bring the darkness to the light, and guilt to holiness. And you have also been told that error must be corrected at its source. Therefore, it is the tiny part of your self, the little thought that seems split off and separate, that the Holy Spirit needs. The rest is fully in God's keeping, and needs no guide. But this wild and delusional thought needs help, because, in its delusions, it thinks it is the Son of God, whole and omnipotent, sole ruler of the kingdom it set apart to tyrannize by madness into obedience and slavery.




Also available free of charge online:
Course in Relationship Miracles


No comments: