Tuesday

Course in Political Miracles: Lesson 8



"I choose to access my inner peace
instead of emotions which work against my goals."


With this week's lesson I practice accessing my inner peace whenever emotions have been triggered within me which would normally work against me or against the achievement of my goals.

If I notice anger starting to burn within me I do not have to fuel the fire of the anger. Knowing that anger diminishes my stature and works against me, I can immediately choose instead to access my inner peace which sets things right.

If I notice myself starting to sink somewhat into depression, I do not have to become mired in its quicksand. Knowing that depression has no other purpose than to drown my spirit, I choose instead to immediately access my inner peace, which pulls me back up to where I must be to accomplish my goals.

If I notice anxiety starting to rattle in my mind, I do not have to let myself be snake-bitten and eaten inside. I can immediately choose instead to shift my awareness to my inner peace, which casts out fear and restores sanity to my mind.

If I notice guilt attempting a sneak attack within me, I do not have to lay down and let it beat me to a pulp. I can immediately choose to access my inner peace which sends guilt running.

This week, upon awakening each day, I visualize myself going through my day and consciously choosing every time I slip into anger, depression, anxiety, or guilt, to stop ... look inside ... and access my inner peace.

Each hour during the day I take five minutes for meditation. I close my eyes and visualize myself practicing this week's lesson. I say aloud to myself statements which affirm the week's lesson such as:

"If I should feel anger this coming hour, I will stop ... look inside ... and substitute my peace for anger."

"Should I feel some slipping into depression this next hour, I will stop ... look inside ... and allow my peace to supplant the depression."

"If anxiety stirs inside me in the upcoming hour, I will stop ... look inside ... and access my peace in place of anxiety."

"Should I feel guilt during the forthcoming hour, I will stop ... look inside ... and let my peace displace all guilt."


At night before I go to sleep I tell myself:

"Nothing can stop me from achieving my goals because I am getting very good at accessing my peace instead of emotions which work against my goals."





The device which more deeply prepares freedom lovers for success, A Course in Miracles , talks about our ultimate need to free ourselves from every kind of slavery:

You have been told to bring the darkness to the light, and guilt to holiness. And you have also been told that error must be corrected at its source. Therefore, it is the tiny part of your self, the little thought that seems split off and separate, that the Holy Spirit needs. The rest is fully in God's keeping, and needs no guide. But this wild and delusional thought needs help, because, in its delusions, it thinks it is the Son of God, whole and omnipotent, sole ruler of the kingdom it set apart to tyrannize by madness into obedience and slavery.



Also available free of charge online:
Course in Relationship Miracles


No comments: