Friday

Course in Political Miracles: Lesson 30



"I see no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil."


This week's lesson is a very practical political "how to" lesson. I want my public image, the image that is going to help me further my goals, to be that of a totally positive person. The only way to honestly project such an image is for me to be totally positive.

The problem with being totally positive is it makes me feel really, really good, fills me with energy, and has me glowing with health. But that's a small price to pay for political freedom!

Earlier lessons in this course have dealt with seeing things differently or seeing things in a new and positive light. The effect of seeing clearly is a peaceful state of mind and an elimination of negative talk. The other side of the coin is: the conscious willingness to not talk negatively or make negative comments works wonders on one's state of mind.

This week the goal of my practice is to train myself to speak no negativity. I will hold my peace, speaking only to improve on silence when necessary.

As I wake up each day, I will program myself for the day by visualizing myself being silent unless it is absolutely necessary to talk and then saying only positive statements and comments. I might say to myself an affirmation like:

"Today I see no evil, hear no evil, and speak no evil. I speak only when necessary and only to improve on the silence by being positive."

During the day, I watch myself to see if I am making progress or backsliding. I make an effort to go an hour at a time, then two hours, then three hours straight without speaking negatively.

Each hour at a time convenient to me, I repeat to myself:

"Every moment of silence is serving my goals and every positive statement I make is serving my goals a million and one times over."

At the end of each day, I smile at my progress and laugh at any slips I might happen to remember. I might say to myself something like:

"Being silent is a lot of fun and speaking only positively is the most fun of all."






The device which even more deeply prepares freedom lovers for success, A Course in Miracles , talks about our ultimate need to free ourselves from every kind of slavery:

You have been told to bring the darkness to the light, and guilt to holiness. And you have also been told that error must be corrected at its source. Therefore, it is the tiny part of your self, the little thought that seems split off and separate, that the Holy Spirit needs. The rest is fully in God's keeping, and needs no guide. But this wild and delusional thought needs help, because, in its delusions, it thinks it is the Son of God, whole and omnipotent, sole ruler of the kingdom it set apart to tyrannize by madness into obedience and slavery.




Also available free of charge online:
Course in Relationship Miracles


No comments: