Tuesday

Course in Political Miracles: Lesson 10



"As I stay in touch with my peace, I bring peace to the world."

With this week's lesson I practice recognizing and remembering that my state of mind affects everyone. This is an extremely valuable lesson for the 21st century politician or political activist to learn.

The old-style politicians and political activists jumped onto soapboxes or marched in street marches yelling, screaming, or shaking their fists in anger. Their placards often claimed, "We favor peace!" But their verbal and physical behavior taught conflict and war.

The more intellectually inclined of the old-style politicians or political activists manipulated themselves onto television interview programs where they stated their case in argumentative, warlike fashion as if the assertions of a mind in conflict have a right to be thought of as truth because of their aggressiveness.

The 21st century politician and political activist will be different. Voters will no longer support screaming banshees, either in the form of street protestors or morally bankrupt intellectuals.

The new politicians and political activists will be respected, trusted, and followed because they come not from conflict but from their inner peace, and therefore teach not conflict but peace.

Each day when I wake up this week I will remind myself of the week's lesson, saying to myself several times over:

"As I stay in touch with my peace, I bring peace to the world."

Then each hour during the day during my five minute hourly meditations I close my eyes and use today's lesson statement to trigger any related thoughts which might rise from within. Whatever ideas rise from within, I repeat each to myself two or three times aloud. Possible examples of such ideas might be:

"As I stay in touch with my peace, others will see that I truly teach peace and will respect my teaching."

"Everyone wants inner peace, so as I stay in touch with MY inner peace, others will honor my mind and want to be as I am."

"As I stay in touch with my inner peace, people will join me and support me."

"When I help MYSELF by staying in touch with my inner peace, I am helping everyone the world over."


Before retiring to sleep at the end of each day, I rejoice in my progress and the progress of the entire world. I remind myself two or three final times for the day:

"I am bringing peace to the whole world by staying in touch with my own inner peace."



The device which more deeply prepares freedom lovers for success, A Course in Miracles , talks about our ultimate need to free ourselves from every kind of slavery:

You have been told to bring the darkness to the light, and guilt to holiness. And you have also been told that error must be corrected at its source. Therefore, it is the tiny part of your self, the little thought that seems split off and separate, that the Holy Spirit needs. The rest is fully in God's keeping, and needs no guide. But this wild and delusional thought needs help, because, in its delusions, it thinks it is the Son of God, whole and omnipotent, sole ruler of the kingdom it set apart to tyrannize by madness into obedience and slavery.



Also available free of charge online:
Course in Relationship Miracles


No comments: