Tuesday

Course in Political Miracles: Lesson 9



"Only my thinking can take me out of peace."

My natural state is peace. When I am not driving myself crazy with thoughts about the past (which no longer exists) or thoughts about the future (which can only be fantasy at this point), I am at peace. Whenever I am not obsessing in my mind about some subject or another, I am naturally at peace. When I am not asking a million and one questions in my mind that do not need to be asked, I am peaceful in my mind and being. Peace is my natural state.

A troubled mind is made troubled by its thoughts. A mind at war has attacked itself with its thoughts. A mind in conflict became conflicted by what it thought. A mind in turmoil has its own thoughts to blame for its turmoil. A mind in chaos is a chaotic thinking mind. If it feels like I have lost my peace, it is because of my thinking habits.

This week, each day as I waken my meditation will focus on my thinking habits and on how much more peaceful I would be inside if I surrendered my thinking to the control of my peaceful spirit. I tell myself aloud several times:

"Today I choose to think thoughts which bring me peace instead of thoughts which take me out of peace."

Then throughout the day, during my brief five minute hourly meditations, I tell myself statements like the following:

"During the next hour, if I catch myself mentally dwelling on the past, I let go of such thoughts and stay with my peace."

"This coming hour, if I observe myself ruminating about possible future difficulties, I let go of such thoughts and my peace will stay with me."

"In the hour to come, if I notice myself thinking obsessively about something, I relax such obsessive thinking and instead access my inner peace."

"During this coming hour, if I see myself becoming argumentative or defensive, I quit such nonsense and turn to my inner peace."


Any thoughts which come to mind during these hourly meditations and which are related to this week's idea are appropriate to use during these meditations.

Before going to sleep, I enjoy a longer meditation, not by reliving the day in thought, or planning tomorrow in thought, but by taking pleasure in my progress with letting go of unpeaceful thinking habits altogether and dwelling in my peace.





The device which more deeply prepares freedom lovers for success, A Course in Miracles , talks about our ultimate need to free ourselves from every kind of slavery:

You have been told to bring the darkness to the light, and guilt to holiness. And you have also been told that error must be corrected at its source. Therefore, it is the tiny part of your self, the little thought that seems split off and separate, that the Holy Spirit needs. The rest is fully in God's keeping, and needs no guide. But this wild and delusional thought needs help, because, in its delusions, it thinks it is the Son of God, whole and omnipotent, sole ruler of the kingdom it set apart to tyrannize by madness into obedience and slavery.



Also available free of charge online:
Course in Relationship Miracles


No comments: