Saturday

Course in Political Miracles: Lesson 23



"I see my enemies working for my success."

I have learned that by listening to my worse enemies and treating them with respect while staying in rapport with their deepest inner spirit, I actually make them my allies ... although they would probably never admit it.

But what if I begin to see that each and every so-called "enemy" is working for me? This new way of seeing is the goal I am choosing this week.

In the realm of politics, it can be very difficult to see a political enemy as an ally unless I can see a much broader picture than most people normally see.

So my goal is to expand my way of viewing things until I see a more complete picture than ever before.

This new seeing will not be limited to viewing a historical perspective instead of a current events perspective, such as seeing the forest instead of the seedlings.

This unique seeing is much more like seeing an overall ebb and flow of interactive currents, like seeing the entire ocean instead of a single ocean current isolated from others.

Nothing is what it appears to be. Much more is going on than meets the eye ... until my way of seeing things is expanded.

It's been said that for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction. A principle much like this is at work in the realm of human energies.

Certain thoughts or actions on a man's part might at the same time: (1) tempt me to call him "enemy," and (2) set into motion an equal and opposite reaction which is ultimately going to have effects which will tempt me to call him "friend."

People who have lived many years often sense this principle at work.

For example, I hear people say things like, "You know, if this bad thing had not happened to me way back then, I would not be in the good position I am in today."

Likewise, I hear people say things like, "I once thought of him as my arch-enemy, but in retrospect his actions really caused a lot of good things to happen ... as if he were playing the devil's part in a play in which angels always win."

So my job this week is to remind myself again and again, until I begin to integrate the principle, that things are rarely if ever what they seem to be and seeing a bigger picture shows me that my "enemies" may very well be my friends in disguise.

To this end, as I wake up each day this week I will take a few minutes to remind myself of this week's principle. I will say aloud a few times:

"Things are NOT what they seem to be. If I could see the true overall picture, I could see that my enemies are my friends more than I suspected."

As I go through each day this week, I retrain my mind by asking myself many times through the day every time I think of some "enemy":

"What if I could see how (specific person) is unknowingly working FOR me?"

At the end of each day this week, I relax and enjoy the prospect that my enemies are probably unwittingly working for my success anyway, so I can afford to see everyone as an ally.



The device which more deeply prepares freedom lovers for success, A Course in Miracles , talks about our ultimate need to free ourselves from every kind of slavery:

You have been told to bring the darkness to the light, and guilt to holiness. And you have also been told that error must be corrected at its source. Therefore, it is the tiny part of your self, the little thought that seems split off and separate, that the Holy Spirit needs. The rest is fully in God's keeping, and needs no guide. But this wild and delusional thought needs help, because, in its delusions, it thinks it is the Son of God, whole and omnipotent, sole ruler of the kingdom it set apart to tyrannize by madness into obedience and slavery.



Also available free of charge online:
Course in Relationship Miracles


No comments: