Monday

Course in Political Miracles: Lesson 34



"I release all resistance and all good rushes my way."

Resistance creates resistance. For every resistance on my part, there is an equal and opposite resistance to me or to the achievement of my goals. If I were to create achievements by resistance, I would at the same time be setting into motion a backlash which would have me lamenting like Dr. Frankenstein, "What have I done! I've created a monster!"

By the same principle, the release of resistance on my part releases resistance to me and to the achievement of my goals. The more I release resistance, the more my success and happiness is magnified.

My goal with this week's lesson is to practice releasing resistance. But I don't want to only occasionally release my resistance. I want to catch myself every time I go into resistance and release my resistance every time as fast as I feel it rising within myself.

To this end, I take a particularly long period of meditation each day as I prepare myself for the day. During my meditation, I ask myself: "What does it feel like to be in resistance?" and "What does it feel like to let go of my resistance?" In my meditation, I take the time to actually feel what it feels like to be in resistance and feel what it feels like to just let my resistance go and be at peace.

If my subconscious mind gives me any pictures of situations where I might be tempted to resist during the day, I visualize myself catching myself resisting, laughing at how silly such resistance is, and feeling the relief of letting go.

With each such visualization, I remind myself that release of resistance not only brings a feeling of relief but also creates a vacuum, so to speak, into which rushes tremendous good. I say aloud to myself a variant of this week's lesson statement such as:

"When I release resistance all good flows my way."

"The universe cannot resist me if I am not in resistance."

"My resistance would have worked against me. My release brings more good than I can imagine."


During the day I check in with myself each hour to review the previous hour and see if I've released resistance each time it has risen within me. I remind myself that the coming hour and every hour deserve the highest vigilance on my part against holding onto resistance.

At the end of the day, I relax and enjoy the prospect of enormous good heading my way as the result of resistance release. I might even ponder:

"I wonder how much good would come my way if I released all resistance forever?"





The device which even more deeply prepares freedom lovers for success, A Course in Miracles , talks about our ultimate need to free ourselves from every kind of slavery:

You have been told to bring the darkness to the light, and guilt to holiness. And you have also been told that error must be corrected at its source. Therefore, it is the tiny part of your self, the little thought that seems split off and separate, that the Holy Spirit needs. The rest is fully in God's keeping, and needs no guide. But this wild and delusional thought needs help, because, in its delusions, it thinks it is the Son of God, whole and omnipotent, sole ruler of the kingdom it set apart to tyrannize by madness into obedience and slavery.




Also available free of charge online:
Course in Relationship Miracles


No comments: