Monday

Course in Political Miracles: Lesson 14


"My joy brings me everything I have ever wanted."

I have learned that my natural state of being is peace. I have also learned when I release all fear, I return to my natural state. Now I am ready to see that my natural state of being is also joyous and my joy works very strongly to bring about the achievement of my goals.

Why is this so? Why does my joy act as a magnet attracting others and opening their minds to consideration of my political ideas?

The answer is easy to find. If joy is my natural state of being, it is also everyone else's natural state. So regardless of how much someone's surface-thinking intellectual mind might be put off by my joy, his or her inner being says, "Here is someone who is showing me what I really, really, really want! Here is someone who is teaching me by example what life can be and should be."

When people's innermost being responds to me in such a positive way, it is not easy for them to lapse into fighting me in the political realm or any other realm. Their minds are suddenly too open for them to be in resistance.

So my goal is to be in-touch with my joy, to be my joy, to express my joy at all times. To this end I practice this week's lesson with joyous diligence.

Each day as I wake up this week, I will access my joy by reminding myself that my joy is always inside of me when I ask to experience it. Each morning I will ask inside one time or a hundred times, as many times as it takes, to bring forth the experience of my joy:

"Joy? Are you there? Are you there, joy? Come and show yourself!"

Joy will always bubble up from within me if I ask with persistent desire. To know that joy is my true nature and yet not ask for the experience each morning would be something like a slap in the face to anyone who has ever loved me and wanted the best for me. This I will not do. I accept my joy.

During my five minute hourly meditations throughout the day, I will take the time to revisit my joy and remind myself how my joy is working for me. I will repeat to myself statements such as:

"This joy of mine is helping me accomplish my objectives."

"My joy is opening up an interest in my ideas."

"The joy I feel keeps me safe from attack."

"My joy wins people over and gives me confidence."


Then at the end of each day I use my pre-sleep meditation to once again rejoice in my true nature and tell myself the truth as my spirit sees it:

"My joy brings me everything I have ever wanted."




The device which more deeply prepares freedom lovers for success, A Course in Miracles , talks about our ultimate need to free ourselves from every kind of slavery:

You have been told to bring the darkness to the light, and guilt to holiness. And you have also been told that error must be corrected at its source. Therefore, it is the tiny part of your self, the little thought that seems split off and separate, that the Holy Spirit needs. The rest is fully in God's keeping, and needs no guide. But this wild and delusional thought needs help, because, in its delusions, it thinks it is the Son of God, whole and omnipotent, sole ruler of the kingdom it set apart to tyrannize by madness into obedience and slavery.



Also available free of charge online:
Course in Relationship Miracles


No comments: