Thursday

Course in Political Miracles: Lesson 42


"Inner seeing shows me the way to freedom."

In last week's lesson I learned that the two main approaches libertarians have been using to create liberty, the political approach and the individual sovereignty approach, are complimentary. One cannot produce liberty without the other. Both are necessary.

Patriots have reluctantly been willing to think of a third approach: taking up arms and fighting for freedom.

Can the two peaceful libertarian approaches coalesce and produce true liberty before frustrated men and women start retaliating with violence against insane government organizations and against those who push for more government involvement in various areas of life?

Will there be civil war again in America, as some believe?

No.

Will there be organized gorilla warfare, as some figure?

No.

Will there be isolated incidents of retaliation against government officials or against those who support larger roles for government?

Yes. But the influence of these few incidents will be small and even ardent patriots will be able to see clearly that such retaliation is counterproductive to producing true freedom.

The answers to these questions cannot readily be deduced by logic. Anyone who has tried to handicap horse races or pick all the week's football scores knows that even the most perfect logic based on the most correct premises does not take into account the "unforeseeable".

We know the answers because of prophecy. There is a way to see future possibilities and there is a way to see the conclusion to which events are heading. "The future's not ours to see!" makes a cute song lyric but is not a true statement.

The "gift" of prophecy is not a gift but everyone's natural state. Most people have "closed down" their inner seeing since infancy and some people open back up more easily than others, but the ability to see what the future has in store is not a big deal.

Question: Would it benefit libertarians to be able to see the future?

The answer to this would be negative only if libertarians didn't want to come up with new products, new services, and new ways to secure freedom. If one wants to atrophy in the status quo, one can use the past for guidance.

But libertarians usually have future-oriented minds, don't they? The world's great readers of science fiction are really the world's great readers of future possibilities, aren't they?

So the real question is: What do I need to do to open up my future-seeing?

The answer is meditation and learning to see in a particular way during meditation.

There is a political party that advocates meditation, the Natural Law Party, but that party still supports government solutions funded by ... forcing people to pay taxes they wouldn't have volunteered.

Strangely, since meditators cannot long live with such contradictions, if members of the Natural Law Party could grasp the immorality of taxation, they would readily become libertarians.

At any rate, meditation is the key to seeing the future, and this week my assignment to myself is to begin the process of opening up my inner seeing. Each day as I awaken, I am going to say to myself over and over a few times aloud, until I begin to feel it as truth, some such statement as:

"More than anything else I want to be able to see the future."

"I want inner seeing in order to serve the cause of freedom."

"I really, really, really want to be able to see clearly."


Whatever statement comes to mind in this respect I will use. My purpose is to put myself in-touch with how deep my desire really is for clear seeing.

During each day this week I take time for at least 20 full minutes meditation. Meditation quiets my intellectual mind ... the prerequisite to seeing clearly. When I feel my mind is very quiet, with few or no thoughts cluttering the mental landscape so to speak, I simply ask of my inner being:

"Show me any pictures of the future I need to see."

Then I keep my mind relaxed. I don't try to see anything. Trying to see will block spontaneous inner seeing. I just wait with my mind peaceful and watch what arises.

These meditation periods are very valuable, not only for my own development, but for the creation of freedom politically. Essentially meditation frees my mind. But because the world outside myself is an outpicturing of my mind, I free the world as I free my mind.

Having practiced meditation during the day, at the end of each day I will feel clear of anger, clear of frustration, clear of mental confusion, and clear of uncertainty.

As a daily closing salute to my spirit and to the spirit of men and women who through the centuries have fought for freedom, I might thank my lucky stars with immense gratitude that I can look into the future, even as perhaps some of the founders of America were able to look into the future, and that I can see very bright times ahead for political liberty.





The device which even more deeply prepares freedom lovers for success, A Course in Miracles , talks about our ultimate need to free ourselves from every kind of slavery:

You have been told to bring the darkness to the light, and guilt to holiness. And you have also been told that error must be corrected at its source. Therefore, it is the tiny part of your self, the little thought that seems split off and separate, that the Holy Spirit needs. The rest is fully in God's keeping, and needs no guide. But this wild and delusional thought needs help, because, in its delusions, it thinks it is the Son of God, whole and omnipotent, sole ruler of the kingdom it set apart to tyrannize by madness into obedience and slavery.




Also available free of charge online:
Course in Relationship Miracles


No comments: