Friday

Course in Political Miracles: Lesson 38




"There is nothing more powerful than an idea held in mind."

Earlier lessons have made it very clear that everyone has spirit and one's spirit cherishes liberty. This means that deep down inside themselves every Democrat, Republican, Independent... everyone... is really a libertarian, although they might be out-of-touch with their libertarian inner desires.

Also in earlier lessons I received a glimmer-hint of how powerful my mind really is. Now it is time to put my mind to work on a deeper, more powerful level than ever before in creating political liberty.

For an initial experiment, without knowing the mechanisms at work, I might say to myself over and over again many times something like:

"I see the deep libertarian nature of every Democrat, Republican, and Independent rising to the surface ... now!"

With this lesson I will come to see that my mind has tremendous influence, and merely saying such a statement often enough begins to bring results.

But I want even greater, faster results. So I am going to use the power of my mind to help an organization which might possibly influence everyone to get back in touch with their libertarian inner desires.

Whether I think of myself currently as Republican, Democrat, Independent, or none of the above, it is in the interest of the political freedom my inner being craves to see the Libertarian Party gain attention ... at least for awhile.

The Libertarian Party has often acted very foolishly, campaigning on libertine issues instead of life-serving issues and focusing on fantasy idealism instead of down-to-earth practicality, thus greatly limiting their support among the public. Even if the Libertarian Party started acting with more common sense and became a more accepted party in the United States, it could never be the ultimate answer to securing political freedom. After all, organizations eventually evolve into devices for curtailing freedom, and the Libertarian Party is an organization. But for the moment....

For the moment, the Libertarian Party is the one political party on the American scene which recognizes clearly and teaches clearly that government forced upon individuals who have harmed or intentionally threatened no one is intrinsically evil. For the moment, I want to see strengthened an organization which sees and teaches clearly in that one respect.

Whether I think of myself currently as Republican, Democrat, Independent, or none of the above, I am going to use the power of my mind to help the Libertarian Party become a widely admired political party in the United States.

What if I could accomplish this using a bare minimum of time and energy?

Jesus told his disciples they could literally move mountains with their minds if they knew how. Ayn Rand was not quite so mystical when she often quoted Victor Hugo's statement that there is nothing more powerful than an idea whose time has come. What if Jesus and Ayn Rand were recognizing a crucially important principle?

I am reminded of the old story of the girl who believed and believed and BELIEVED when nobody could see any proof or likelihood. Finally to every one's astonishment, what the girl believed in came true.

I'm also reminded of the old saying, "When I believe it, I'll see it!"

What if an idea held in mind ... held strongly in mind ... produces in the world after it's kind?

Once upon a time there was a young man who wanted to be muscular. On the wall of his room he hung a full-body picture of a renowned muscleman. Everyday he stood before the picture and imagined he himself was as muscular. He never lifted weights or did any muscle-enhancing activities or drugs. He simply imagined. Within a few months, his dream started to come true. His muscles grew. Just by contemplating the picture on his wall and imagining, eventually the young man became very muscular, his body imitating the body in the picture.

An intellectual might object saying: "We intellectuals will tell you mind over matter doesn't work. Or if it works somewhat with your body, it certainly doesn't work with external objective reality."

Certainly? What about Uri Geller who easily moved objects around and bent spoons merely by the concentration of his mind?

The truth is: ideas held strongly in mind do very much effect external objective reality. Belief appears to be a focusing mechanism for the mind's power, but to work this week's lesson it is not necessary to know the exact mechanism. My goal is simply to take advantage of the principle.

This week I will to do whatever it takes, no matter how unorthodox the exercise might seem, to open my mind from a low percentage of belief to a high percentage of belief.

Belief about what? About the Libertarian Party's positive influence.

It's artist time! Get out the paints, crayons, colored pencils! I'm going to make a picture poster which clearly shows the Libertarian Party as a force for good in American politics exerting great influence on the Republican, Democratic, and other parties.

It makes no difference if I'm a good artist. I'm simply going to have fun pretending real hard that whatever I picture comes true. While making this picture, my goal is to believe that by painting it I am making it come true faster than anyone would have thought possible.

Not only will I spend a great deal of time this week working on and contemplating this poster, but I will also decree the wanted result to be true.

By "decreeing" in this sense I mean setting aside some meditation time each day to say aloud over and over and over again a statement of my choice that affirms the result I am creating. I might say the statement 100 times over. While saying the statement I endeavor to see the result as true in my mind's eye and also feel it as true. Example statements might be:

"The Libertarian Party is quickly becoming as politically astute as the Democratic and Republican parties."

"The Libertarian Party is increasing by leaps and bounds in its ability to influence others."

"Thousands of people are learning from the Libertarian Party every week."

"The Libertarian Party is exerting tremendous influence on American politics."


I can change my statement or make up a new statement as often as I like, but the idea is to spend time decreeing every day this week. The more time the better.

Finally this week I am going to find at least one opportunity each day to say to a stranger one of the statements I've been decreeing. Some examples might be:

I might get on a bus and say to the bus driver, "Did you know the Libertarian Party is rapidly influencing politics in America?"

I might say to a waitress, "It's not going to be too long before the Libertarian Party is causing Republicans and Democrats to really look deeply at their policies."

In a supermarket checkout line I might say, "It's amazing how many people are paying attention to the Libertarian Party."

At the end of each day this week I am going to quiet my mind and ask my subconscious mind, my psychic mind, to give me a number from one to a hundred in my mind's eye. This number will represent how much influence the Libertarian Party is having on American politics as a percentage. I will be happily surprised to note that the number is increasing each day.





The device which even more deeply prepares freedom lovers for success, A Course in Miracles , talks about our ultimate need to free ourselves from every kind of slavery:

You have been told to bring the darkness to the light, and guilt to holiness. And you have also been told that error must be corrected at its source. Therefore, it is the tiny part of your self, the little thought that seems split off and separate, that the Holy Spirit needs. The rest is fully in God's keeping, and needs no guide. But this wild and delusional thought needs help, because, in its delusions, it thinks it is the Son of God, whole and omnipotent, sole ruler of the kingdom it set apart to tyrannize by madness into obedience and slavery.




Also available free of charge online:
Course in Relationship Miracles


No comments: