Wednesday

Why Stand Tall For Liberty?



"When I'm serving liberty I'm at my best!"

There is a power at work for liberty which is far greater than I imagine. Call it the power of an idea whose time has come. Call it the deepest desire of every human heart and soul. Call it angels at work. It doesn't matter what one calls it. Liberty always rises again ... stronger than ever.

Trying to contain liberty is like trying to contain love. Close it down temporarily in one area and it erupts in another area. Close it off as much as possible in all areas and it still finds a way to burst forth because not experiencing it is too painful. Our true nature is love. Our true nature is liberty.

If liberty cannot be held back forever, then in theory I wouldn't have to work for liberty, fight for liberty, or defend liberty. I literally would need do nothing but wait and see what happens.

If this is true, why do some join the Libertarian Party or the Republican Liberty Caucus? Why do some work toward extracting themselves from bureaucratic control over their lives and establishing greater personal sovereignty? Why do some put all their heart and soul into selling and promoting the works of Ayn Rand?

The answer has to do with a spiritual feeling. I might act in some way to further liberty (even though liberty is destined to prevail without my efforts) because I'm feeling my best when I'm serving liberty. Serving liberty feels really, really wonderful and right inside myself. My true nature is freedom and my inner being loves when I am expressing who I am. No matter in what exact way I feel guided to serve liberty ... it is deeply soul-satisfying service.

Those who are serving the opposite of liberty: government expansion, government involvement, and government interference, have sold out their souls and are experiencing misery deep inside whether they would ever admit it or not.

Such sell-outs, who have no understanding as to why they are feeling so unfulfilled, call for more of the same ... more government expansion, more government involvement, more government interference ... like asking the torturer to inflict more pain in the hopes of relieving pain.

There is no such thing as a truly happy government worshiper or a deeply thoroughly happy government-advocating liberal-progressive.

But my soul is intact and my happiness glows like the sun because I love liberty and choose to serve liberty.

What fun it is to watch liberty's progress! What exquisite pleasure I feel serving my spirit, which is free! What absolute joy I experience as I declare many times a day:

"Liberty I love you with all my heart and soul! I live only to serve you! Serving you I am serving myself and everyone! Serving you I am at my very best!"




The device which even more deeply prepares freedom lovers for success, A Course in Miracles , talks about our ultimate need to free ourselves from every kind of slavery:

You have been told to bring the darkness to the light, and guilt to holiness. And you have also been told that error must be corrected at its source. Therefore, it is the tiny part of your self, the little thought that seems split off and separate, that the Holy Spirit needs. The rest is fully in God's keeping, and needs no guide. But this wild and delusional thought needs help, because, in its delusions, it thinks it is the Son of God, whole and omnipotent, sole ruler of the kingdom it set apart to tyrannize by madness into obedience and slavery.




Also available free of charge online:
Course in Relationship Miracles

No comments: