Saturday

Course in Political Miracles: Lesson 3



"There is nothing I cannot do if I put my mind to it."

My mind is far more creative than I have given it credit for. My mind is extremely more powerful than I can imagine. A deep and true desire which is not contradicted by some other desire held in mind can be brought into existence very rapidly by my powerful and creative mind.

Could I change the whole world for the better in a major way? Why not? Many have done so. I could do it just by focusing all my energy and attention on a single goal or non-contradictory set of goals.

Let's say, for example, that in my spirit I felt motivated to bring about a change in the political system so that taxation is seen by everyone as immoral and all government financial support comes solely from voluntary contributions and voluntary transactions. If that seems like an impossible change to bring about, let me remind myself that my mind is capable of creating easily any change it truly wants to create.

I will not sell myself short. There is nothing I cannot create if I put my mind to it.

It is said that ultimately people get what they want. But how many people do not know clearly what they want, so pursue goals which are contradictory? Contradictions lead to not a whole lot of production or creation, true or false?

Just as I will not sell myself short by pursuing contradictory goals, so I will not sell myself short by believing there are goals my spirit is motivating me toward which my mind cannot accomplish.

Of course if my spirit is not motivating me toward a goal, then I will not be able to put my whole mind into it. But if my spirit is motivating me, there is nothing I cannot put my mind into wholly, thereby assuring success.

This week as I practice my lesson, I want to reinforce the conviction in my mind that there is nothing I cannot do if I put my mind to it. To that end, when I wake up each morning I will visualize my major goal in the political realm and during this visualization I will say to myself a few times until I feel the truth of it:

"No matter how difficult it might appear, if I put my mind to it I can accomplish it."

Then each hour throughout the day I will find a few minutes to close my eyes and say aloud to myself whatever statements come to mind which reinforce today's principle, statements such as:

"There is nothing that is too big or too difficult for me to accomplish."

"No force in the world can hold me back if I put my mind to something."

"My mind is so powerful it could change the whole world if it wanted to."

"Obstacles disappear before the power of my focused mind."


If the visualization of my goal comes to mind while saying these things, so much the better.

Before I go to bed at night I again visualize my goal as if already achieved, as if circumstances already are the way they can be and should be, and I say to myself:

"This goal is as good as accomplished, because there is nothing I cannot do if I put my mind to it."




The device which more deeply prepares freedom lovers for success, A Course in Miracles , talks about our ultimate need to free ourselves from every kind of slavery:

You have been told to bring the darkness to the light, and guilt to holiness. And you have also been told that error must be corrected at its source. Therefore, it is the tiny part of your self, the little thought that seems split off and separate, that the Holy Spirit needs. The rest is fully in God's keeping, and needs no guide. But this wild and delusional thought needs help, because, in its delusions, it thinks it is the Son of God, whole and omnipotent, sole ruler of the kingdom it set apart to tyrannize by madness into obedience and slavery.



Also available free of charge online:
Course in Relationship Miracles


No comments: