Tuesday

Course in Political Miracles: Lesson 7



"My inner peace gives me enormous power to achieve my goals."

Somewhere inside myself I am at peace. I might seem to lose my peace at times and temporarily live in fear, anger, frustration, or pain, but if I look deeper inside myself, below any of these surface manifestations, I can always find peace.

It is my inner peace that brings me success in any undertaking. People are attracted to my peace. My peace makes them feel good, calming them. My inner peace silently tells people they can trust me to not harm them. My inner peace disarms the resistance of those who would stand in my way.

Being in touch with my inner peace makes available to me enormous stores of energy. I cannot even imagine how much energy I have wasted in the past on anger, fear, frustration or guilt. I will not do this in the future. In the future, being in-touch with my peace will give me enormous strength and creative power.

There is nothing I cannot achieve if I stay in touch with my inner peace. This is another way of restating some of the early lessons of this course. For example, when I am not experiencing contradiction inside myself, I am at peace and my enormous strength and creative power are at work toward the achievement of my truest, deepest goals.

Each morning this week when I wake up I spend a little time meditating on today's lesson. I remind myself that staying in touch with my inner peace is going to bring about the achievement of my goals. I make a commitment to keep my attention focused deep inside on my inner peace throughout the day no matter what is going on in life around me. I tell myself several times over, really believing it:

"This day my inner peace is going to carry me through any outer turmoil and work powerfully toward my ultimate goals."

Then each hour throughout the day, I take the time to close my eyes for five minutes and make affirmations about the importance of staying in touch with my inner peace, using whatever thoughts come to mind. Some examples might be:

"Staying in touch with my inner peace gives me SO MUCH energy!"

"My inner peace carries me through all difficulties."

"My inner peace goes before me making my way easy."

"My inner peace attracts to me people who want to help me achieve my goals."

"People are attracted to the calmness and strength of my inner peace, which stands in stark contrast to the confusion or panic of my opponents."

"My inner peace cannot be lost. I can only lose awareness of my peace by allowing non-peaceful emotions to distract me."


Before I go to sleep at night I take a few minutes to again remind myself how important it is to maintain awareness of my inner peace and to rejoice in my progress by telling myself a few times:

"By staying in touch with my inner peace, I am creating what I really want in this world. This is my joy."





The device which more deeply prepares freedom lovers for success, A Course in Miracles , talks about our ultimate need to free ourselves from every kind of slavery:

You have been told to bring the darkness to the light, and guilt to holiness. And you have also been told that error must be corrected at its source. Therefore, it is the tiny part of your self, the little thought that seems split off and separate, that the Holy Spirit needs. The rest is fully in God's keeping, and needs no guide. But this wild and delusional thought needs help, because, in its delusions, it thinks it is the Son of God, whole and omnipotent, sole ruler of the kingdom it set apart to tyrannize by madness into obedience and slavery.



Also available free of charge online:
Course in Relationship Miracles


No comments: