Wednesday

Course in Political Miracles: Lesson 24


It is one kind of new vision to realize that if my most adamant "enemies" release resistance to me, they are working for me without knowing it. It is even a broader vision to see that ultimately everyone is working in my favor. Finally, it is a totally enlightened vision which sees that all things are working together for my good ... no matter how situations might look when judging by mere surface appearances.

One of the most important principles a politician or political activist can learn is that all things work together for good.

Learning this principle, I am at peace inside because of the knowledge that everything happening is working toward my good.

Being at peace inside, I am able to show unbelievable strength in the face of adversity.

Showing unbelievable strength in the face of adversity, I attract the populace at large since people are attracted to the perception of strength in leaders.

Being attracted to my inner strength, people support my ideas and plans even if they are unsure how these ideas and plans will work. Thus my good is created.

As alien as the idea might seem to the not yet enlightened part of my mind, I nevertheless dedicate myself to learning this week's principle:

"All things are working together for my good."

Each day this week when I wake up I tell myself aloud several times:

"Today I am dedicated to seeing everything working together for my good."

As I repeat my awakening affirmations, mental pictures may come to my awareness of situations which I would not have judged to be working for my good. I allow such pictures to come to mind and say to myself with each picture a variant of this week's idea such as:

"This situation involving (specifics) is really working for my good."

Then during the day, if any situation arises which tends to pull me out of my peace, I stop and tell myself as many times as it takes to renew a feeling of peace:

"If I could see the whole picture ... past, present, and future ... I would see that this situation is working for my good."

Finally, as I retire each day I let my mind review the day's events and the day's news. If I find myself still believing that any of these things can work against me, I remind myself until I once again feel full peace:

"I'm not feeling peace, so I haven't viewed this situation with the broadest possible viewpoint. I KNOW this situation is working for my good and I'm ready to see the good in this situation."



The device which more deeply prepares freedom lovers for success, A Course in Miracles , talks about our ultimate need to free ourselves from every kind of slavery:

You have been told to bring the darkness to the light, and guilt to holiness. And you have also been told that error must be corrected at its source. Therefore, it is the tiny part of your self, the little thought that seems split off and separate, that the Holy Spirit needs. The rest is fully in God's keeping, and needs no guide. But this wild and delusional thought needs help, because, in its delusions, it thinks it is the Son of God, whole and omnipotent, sole ruler of the kingdom it set apart to tyrannize by madness into obedience and slavery.



Also available free of charge online:
Course in Relationship Miracles

No comments: