Thursday

Course in Political Miracles: Lesson 41



"I break the chains of bondage
by listening inside."


In last week's lesson I learned that willingness to join with ministers and church people, no matter how much a challenge such a step might be for me, is a first priority in achieving political success.

Another important step is willingness to create a rapport with small business men and women. This is much less a challenge for a libertarian like myself, but requires work ... and it is work that cannot be ignored if grass roots support is to be built.

I want small business people to help me towards two objectives: building political support for freedom and at the same time building freedom from political control. Thus, one business person renders powerless two bureaucrats, in a manner of speaking.

Until now small business people have been victims of government regulations and tax policies without understanding they do not have to be so victimized. Now the time is ripe to teach them they can start freeing themselves even before libertarianism once again becomes the dominant political philosophy.

Imagine myself approaching a small business owner and saying, "I have a way for you to make money over and above what you are already making in your business without any changes or added expenses whatsoever." Unless I've approached this owner at the wrong time on the wrong day, he or she is going to hesitate only a moment before saying something like, "How's that?"

I place a handsomely printed flyer in this small business person's hand and say with authority, "When you get a few moments to really concentrate on what this has to say ... read it carefully. In a week or so I'll come back to talk to you."

On the front leaf of the flyer is printed boldly: You can run your business without taxes, without licenses, and without Federal, State, or City rules or regulations or forms to fill out!

Then when the flyer is opened the front inside leaf is printed boldly with: That's how it will be when a libertarian government is elected.

Then at the bottom will be printed something like: Work toward true business freedom! Support and vote for libertarian candidates!

The third leaf of the flyer will also be printed boldly: Until then....

There is a way to become increasingly free while libertarian political influence is growing....

It's called Freedom Technology.

Then on the fourth leaf of the flyer will be bulleted a few short simple sales statements regarding Freedom Technology. These statements must highlight benefits so as to create interest in further investigation, but not tell the exact nature of the technology or plans of action, leaving some element of mystery. At the bottom of the leaf is my telephone number.

If one of these small business owners happens to get interested in one of the Freedom Technology plans of action, so much the better. The business owner will benefit and I will benefit. But whether interested in the Freedom Technology or not, the business operator will be introduced to the fact that there are libertarian candidates out there without having a lot of political statements and political arguments thrown in his or her face.

If a business owner is approached by a political activist solely for political purposes, there is not much possibility of planting seeds. Chances are this person has been supporting candidates for years who have been working to some degree against small businesses.

But if political seed planting is only part of a much broader opportunity being presented, then the person's focus will be somewhat diverted away from the political aspects and when focuses are diverted in this manner ... seeds get planted.

This two-pronged introduction to small business owners reflects the necessity to work both approaches of the libertarian movement.

Libertarian politicians and political office holders can make it easier for those creating true free enterprise structures, but can never themselves guarantee freedom as long as voting and "majority of voters rule" remains in effect.

Creators of individual sovereignty structures can create true freedom with their enterprises, but they can never guarantee freedom as long as powerful statist governments exist which could overnight turn hostile to their enterprises.

I am teaching that both approaches, the political and the individual sovereignty approach, must be used at the same time. There also may be other approaches. The key is to listen inside to guidance from my inner wisdom.

My exercise for this week's lesson is to take 15 minutes each day for a quiet meditation session during which I ask questions of my inner self about what approaches I personally should be using in creating freedom and wait peacefully to see if answers come. I should not be distracted during meditation. If I can do more than one meditation session each day, so much the better.

Questions I could ask myself inside might include but not be limited to the following:

"How serious am I about getting out there and working for the libertarian cause?"

"Am I willing to visit small business owners and follow the idea given in this lesson or something similar?"

"Am I willing to enlist the aid of others in visiting small business owners?"

"Am I willing to take part in the design, printing, or other production aspects of a highly appealing flyer which literally impels the attention of small business owners?"

"What kind of design would work best on such a flyer?"

"If I'm not to work this way, then in what manner should I be working for freedom?"


The exercise for this week is not necessarily about enlisting the support of small businesses. The possibility of enlisting the help of small business owners is an excuse and starting point for a week of meditative inner hearing practice.

I want to find out from inside myself what I should be doing more or different than I am already doing to further the cause of freedom.

If I hear inside that approaching small businesses is a good idea, then I will listen inside further for specific instructions.

If I hear inside that approaching small businesses is not something I am personally being guided to do at this time, then I will listen inside further for more instructions as to what I am being guided to do.

My inner voice, the voice of my spirit, will guide me very specifically. If I am not in the habit of meditating daily and asking inside, then this lesson provides not only a place to start but a way of beginning to prove to myself that if I listen inside my spirit will guide me perfectly in creating freedom.

At the end of each day this week, I rejoice in the knowledge that like a surfer on a perfect wave, I am riding the crest of an idea whose time has come. I relax in the knowledge that liberty cannot ... not prevail.





The device which even more deeply prepares freedom lovers for success, A Course in Miracles , talks about our ultimate need to free ourselves from every kind of slavery:

You have been told to bring the darkness to the light, and guilt to holiness. And you have also been told that error must be corrected at its source. Therefore, it is the tiny part of your self, the little thought that seems split off and separate, that the Holy Spirit needs. The rest is fully in God's keeping, and needs no guide. But this wild and delusional thought needs help, because, in its delusions, it thinks it is the Son of God, whole and omnipotent, sole ruler of the kingdom it set apart to tyrannize by madness into obedience and slavery.




Also available free of charge online:
Course in Relationship Miracles


No comments: