Wednesday

Course in Political Miracles: Lesson 26



"The future will bring far more good than I can imagine."


Muslims at least indirectly responsible for the founding of America?

Well, the land which Christians called their "Holy Land" was occupied by adherents of the faith of Islam, so King Richard the Lion-Hearted of England led knights and soldiers off to Muslim lands on the Third Crusade.

In Richard's absence, Prince John taxed the English people so heavily that for the working man the only logical choice was to become an outlaw and rob the taxers. By robbing the taxers and giving back to the taxed, Robin Hood taught the English people that revolt against taxation is not only highly moral, but heroic as well.

Robin Hood taught this lesson so well that in the centuries that followed there were many tax revolts in England and hatred of taxation was almost "inbred" in the hard-working English colonizers of America. Rebelling against taxation, the colonists set up a country of their own, the United States, which many colonists originally thought would be free of taxation ... a true free country.

If Muslims hadn't occupied the Christian Holy Land ... if Richard hadn't left England in John's hands ... if John hadn't taxed ... if Robin Hood hadn't rebelled against taxation ... America might not exist.

Would a Muslim living in the Holy Land in King Richard's time have been able to imagine in his wildest dreams that such an almost free country would eventually be established?

Can I even begin to imagine the good that is coming in the future?

Even though mankind has experienced extreme growing pains, the overall consciousness of mankind is evolving to higher levels. Peace is now more than ever valued over war, and people are beginning to see more clearly than ever that governments or ruling elites are the cause of mankind's ills, and cannot be a solution. Such clear valuing and clear seeing can only lead to greater good than ever.

This week my task is to remind myself constantly that in the future there will be great and wonderful happenings that I cannot see at present. This week as I awaken each day, I greet the new day with a bright reminder:

"Today is bringing mankind a little closer to heaven on earth ... and today I choose to see progress even in what I might be tempted to judge as negative appearances."

As I go through the day, I will watch for evidence of mankind's progress and tell myself at least once each hour the statement of this week's lesson:

"The future will bring far more good than I can imagine."

If I see what I would judge to be negative appearances or hear what I would judge to be negative news, I will repeat to myself a statement such as:

"This appearance does not give me the true story. Actually, the future will bring far more good than I can see."

Likewise, at the end of the day when retiring I dwell a few minutes on this week's lesson and access the feeling of gratitude inside myself. I might say to myself something like:

"I am really, really grateful that Muslims were at least indirectly responsible for the creation of America ... and I am really grateful that the future will bring more good than I am able to see today."




The device which more deeply prepares freedom lovers for success, A Course in Miracles , talks about our ultimate need to free ourselves from every kind of slavery:

You have been told to bring the darkness to the light, and guilt to holiness. And you have also been told that error must be corrected at its source. Therefore, it is the tiny part of your self, the little thought that seems split off and separate, that the Holy Spirit needs. The rest is fully in God's keeping, and needs no guide. But this wild and delusional thought needs help, because, in its delusions, it thinks it is the Son of God, whole and omnipotent, sole ruler of the kingdom it set apart to tyrannize by madness into obedience and slavery.



Also available free of charge online:
Course in Relationship Miracles


No comments: